Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Coming Out about being a Public Innovator

When I got back home after an amazing weekend in Santa Fe, as usual I had a load of emails just waiting for me. A few of those were the ubiquitous Linked In emails from folks wanting to connect. So I proceeded to open them up, and update my profile to reflect my new position at Harwood. As I got into updating my profile there is a line for a description - basically an overall description of who I am from a professional perspective. At the time I have Non-profit and Philanthropic Consultant listed. As I thought about the weekend, I felt like I had experienced a "coming out" this past weekend - yes, we all come out of the closet at sometime in our lives! Anyway, my personal politics aside, I decided to put "Public Innovator" in the description and immediately started thinking about how cool it would be if folks that identified in this way would do the same thing so that we could connect and actually move in some collective action. So maybe it was my own attempt to begin a mini-revolution and to finally come out to my colleagues, friends and family about another frame for who I am in this world. So there - I an saying it - My name is Lisa, and I am a Public Innovator.

2 comments:

  1. I am so in awe of you and your thinking, Lisa. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and so many others these many years. I am a public innovator too and, thanks to finding kindred spirits like you, my life has been enriched by this work. Hugs to you, amazing one!

    ReplyDelete